Looking for HSC PDHPE past papers to practice your skills and apply your knowledge? You’ve come to the right place. Go straight to papers>>
As per the HSC PDHPE Syllabus, you’ve had the opportunity to learn about a range of areas that underpin health and physical activity.With a focus on health of individuals and community as well as the factors that influence movement skills and physical activity levels, the aim has been for you to develop your critical thinking skills and develop a deep understanding of the factors that impact on health, sport and physical activity in Australia. This is what the HSC PDHPE exam will be assessing.
Completing HSC PDHPE past papers will give you a good idea of what to expect in your final exams. Although the HSC PDHPE syllabus changed in 2012, we’ve got HSC PDHPE past papers from 2002 onwards to help you.
We’ve organised the past papers by course and year, naming the links as accurately as possible. If you find any errors, please let us know.
Sometimes, there is only a marking guide available, in others, the marking guide contains sample answers as well. The table usually shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range.
3 Tips to Help you Prepare for Your HSC PDHPE Exam
- Your Own Notes are Best. Stay on top of your notes from the start. Your own notes are always better than someone else’s because when you make notes you also engage with the material so you enhance your learning and understanding. You will also be very grateful to have your own set of notes when you come to revise for exams.
- Use the HSC PDHPE Syllabus to Create Summaries. The syllabus should be your ‘go to’ reference when you create notes and summaries. Focus on the four modules, the critical questions and the ‘Learn abouts’ and “Learn to’s”. Use the ‘Learn to’s” to help guide you about what to include when writing HSC PDHPE summaries. Use different colour pens to help you navigate around your notes. Make sure you also include examples and that you know how to apply these when it comes to exam questions.
- Practice Questions. Do HSC PDHPE past papers, exam style questions from the text book, practice questions from your teacher, and answer the critical questions in the syllabus. The more practice questions you do, the better you will do in your HSC PDHPE exams. By answering the questions under the ‘Students learn to’ section in the syllabus you will be ensuring that you know how to apply the content in the ‘Student’s learn about’ section.
3 Tips to Help you Ace Your HSC PDHPE Exam
- Ace the Multiple Choice Questions. These count for 20 marks out of the total 100 marks so it’s important that you get as many of these right as you can. We suggest you try and come up with an answer before you look at the options. It’s likely you know the answer but when you look at the options first, your mind will start to play tricks on you and make you doubtful about your choice. Once you come up with your own answer, work through the options carefully and rule out the obviously wrong answers, before making your final choice. If you really don’t know, always guess, you could be right. Don’t give marks away by leaving any questions unanswered.
- Understand Common PDHPE Question Verbs. When you’re asked to ‘Explain’ – show how and why something happens. When you’re asked to ‘Compare’ – show how things are similar and different. When you’re asked to ‘Justify’ – support an outcome with evidence. When you’re asked to ‘Discuss’ – identify issues and provide points for and against. When you’re asked to ‘Analyse’ – show links between the parts of your answer. When you’re asked to ‘Evaluate/Assess’ – make a judgement or establish the value of something.
- Stick to a Tight Structure When Answering Short Questions. This depends on the marks but let’s say it’s for 5 marks then something like this will work – Introductory sentence (1 mark), Point one (1 mark), Point two (1 mark), Example (1 mark), Conclusion sentence to link it all together (1 mark)
Looking for some extra help with HSC PDHPE?
Don’t wait till the last minute. Get help now. We’ve got a fantastic team of experienced HSC PDHPE tutors. They’re passionate about PDHPE and can help you prepare for and ace your HSC trials and finals.
We offer personalised, one-on-one tutoring in your home. If you’re not able to have face to face tutoring, or if you’d prefer, we also have a great online tutoring platform and many online tutors available.
To find out more and get started with an expert PDHPE tutor, get in touch today. Give us a call on 1300 312 354 or contact us here.